Who We Are
Andover Christian Center is a non-denominational, spirit-filled Christian church in Andover, Massachusetts.
We believe God is good and wants the best for every person. That’s why He gave His only Son, Jesus – so there would be no barrier between us and Him. Jesus paid the penalty for sin, and provided everything we need for our well-being in this life and for eternity. We can only accept God’s offer of life through Jesus - we can't earn it.
The Lord is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy. The Lord is good to all, And His tender mercies are over all His works. - Psalm 145:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. - John 3:16
In response to the leading of the Holy Spirit, Jim and Shelly Preston and their family relocated from Oklahoma to Massachusetts in June 2006 to start Andover Christian Center. Our first service was held on September 16, 2007 in Andover’s Ballardvale Historic District. In 2010, we moved to our current location on the 3rd floor of 16 Haverhill Street in Andover. In 2015, we leased and renovated additional space at the same location.
God has been faithful to perform His Word. We have had testimonies of healing, financial provision, the restoration and strengthening of marriages and families, and blessing in many areas. To God be all the glory!
Our vision for Andover Christian Center as a congregation:
- We are committed to sharing the true hope of mankind, Jesus Christ, using every available resource.
- We emphasize that Jesus is the answer to every need in all areas of life – spiritual, emotional, physical, relational, and material.
- We emphasize that it is the demonstration of the Holy Spirit and His power that will bring lasting change in our lives, not our wisdom or methods.
- We live healthy and balanced lives - we are doing the work God has called each of us to do and are positively impacting our world.
- Our children’s and youth programs equip kids and students to live for God, taking advantage of everything that He has provided for them through Jesus - spirit, soul, and body.